If you are continuing your training or are currently in a Fellowship program, please renew your resident membership online by December 31.
Membership in the ACS demonstrates a commitment to your professional growth and the growth of the surgical profession. As an Associate Fellow, you will have access to benefits such as:
- Ability to track your cases and outcomes, and meet a number of regulatory requirements using the ACS Surgeon-Specific Registry case log system
- Free subscriptions to the Journal of the American College of Surgeons (JACS) and other publications
- Attend Clinical Congress at a discounted rate
- Track and manage your CMEs online
- Utilize ACS educational programs and products including, Selected Readings in General Surgery (SRGS), and Surgical Education and Self-Assessment Program (SESAP®) at discounted rates
I would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that the Maryland Chapter (MD-ACS) is your ACS home at the local level. Membership in the ACS is required for all chapter members, and as a chapter member we offer an array of benefits including:
- Networking: Networking opportunities that enable members to build strong professional relationships with surgical peers
- Continuing education: Convenient educational meetings and local CME
- Advocacy: Opportunities to participate in advocacy activities at the state and federal levels that impact the practicing surgeon and patients
- Leadership opportunities: Leadership opportunities within the chapter council that can translate to future leadership roles within the College
- Volunteerism: Occasions to give back to the profession through volunteerism, both domestically and internationally
- Mentoring: A forum to engage and mentor your surgeons, trainees, and medical students.
Jonathan Edward Efron, MD, FACS
President of the Maryland Chapter of the American College of Surgeons