As the President of your local American College of Surgeons (ACS) chapter, I would like to encourage you to renew your ACS Resident membership before December 31 so that you do not lose your benefits in January 2018.
Membership in the ACS demonstrates a commitment to your professional growth and the growth of the surgical profession. Renewing your membership online is easy, and will allow uninterrupted access to ACS benefits such as:
- Discounts on education programs for board exam preparation
- Discounts on registration fees for Clinical Congress and other meetings
- Access to the Journal of the American College of Surgeons (JACS) and other publications
The annual dues for a Resident Member are only $20. A complete list of benefits can be found on the Benefits for Residents website. Please contact 1-800-293-4029 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about renewing your membership with the ACS.
I would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that the Maryland Chapter (MD-ACS) is your ACS home at the local level. Membership in the ACS is required for all chapter members. We offer our resident members an array of benefits including:
- Networking: Networking opportunities that enable members to build strong professional relationships with surgical peers
- Education: Convenient educational meetings with programming for resident members
- Advocacy: Opportunities to participate in advocacy activities at the state and federal levels that impact the practicing surgeon and patients
- Leadership opportunities: Leadership opportunities within the chapter council that can translate to future leadership roles within the College
- Mentoring: A forum to engage and learn from with experienced surgeons.
Jonathan Edward Efron, MD, FACS
President of the Maryland Chapter of the American College of Surgeons