Call for Nominations – Maryland Chapter, ACS Executive Council
The Maryland Chapter of the American College of Surgeons is seeking nominations for six open positions on the Executive Council, the governing body of the Chapter. To serve, a candidate must be a member of the American College of Surgeons and the MD Chapter in good standing. The positions include
- Treasurer (2- year term)
- 2 Councilors at Large (3-year term)
- Young Fellow (YFA) Representative (2-year term)
- Resident & Associate Society (Associate) Representative (2-year term)
- Resident & Associate Society (Resident) Representative (2-year term)
- attending a face-to-face or virtual Council meeting annually which is held each Spring in conjunction with the Annual Meeting and conference calls which may be held periodically throughout the year as needed,
- attending the Fall Dinner Meeting held in Baltimore in November each year or virtually,
- providing input and feedback on activities and initiatives of the Chapter,
- assisting in program development and outreach to the specific membership represented by the position,
- attending and participating in the Chapter Advocacy Day and the Annual Meeting,
- responding appropriately to all Calls to Action sent by the Chapter and the ACS.
In return, representatives have the opportunity to interact with surgical leaders in the state, develop leadership experience, and represent the organization in advocacy and public relations. The Chapter Management Team provides support for Council members and Chapter activities.
Self-nominations are requested to ensure the candidate has agreed to the position. Please submit a Curriculum Vitae along with a brief letter of interest and description of qualifications to the Nominating Committee at email@example.com by February 18, 2022. Up to two supporting letters may accompany the nomination but are not required.
We hope you will join us as we aim to represent all Maryland surgeons and improve the surgical care in our state.