2022 Fellow Applications – Become a Fellow of the ACS
As the Executive Committee for the Maryland Chapter of the American College of Surgeons (MD-ACS), we encourage you to take the next important step in your surgical career and apply to become a Fellow of the ACS (FACS). To apply for Fellowship, you must have:
- board certification by an American Surgical Specialty Board, which is a member of the American Board of Medical Specialties, or an American Osteopathic Surgical Specialty Board, or an appropriate specialty certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the respective state or province with no reportable action pending which could adversely affect the status of that licensure
- a minimum of one year in practice at one location and a current appointment on the surgical staff of a hospital
The deadline to apply for Fellowship in 2022 is: December 1, 2021.
The application is online, will repopulate with your profile information once you’ve logged in, and is free – if your dues are paid. Click Here.
I would also like to encourage you to get involved with the MD-ACS. Our chapter works closely with the ACS to offer:
- the opportunity to network with surgical peers locally
- participate in advocacy activities at the state and federal levels
- leadership roles
- attend educational meetings with CME opportunities…, to name just a few
If you have any questions about the benefits of Fellowship, or our chapter, please do not hesitate to contact us by responding to this email.
Jose Diaz, President
Joseph Sakran, President-Elect
Margaret Lauerman, Secretary
Nader Hanna, Treasurer
Jonathan Efron, Past President